See what we're working on
Public funding: no to sports, yes to transport
In a study commissioned by La Presse, CROP proceeded to probe Quebecers’ about their thoughts on the funding of various projects by the government. The study results suggested that Quebecers would rather have their public funds invested in major projects involving transports or economic development than initiatives that promote professional sports. Learn More >>
65% of Canadians tell us they believe in God, while 49% consider their religious beliefs to be important to them
For this Holy Week, I have decided to examine our data on the religious beliefs of Canadians. A substantial percentage of the public-49%, one in two Canadians-say that their religious beliefs are important to them. There are some interesting regional variations: the least religious reside in Québec and British Columbia (43%); the most religious, in Alberta and the Atlantic provinces (56%). Learn More >>
The 2017 Panorama of Canadian consumers and citizens is beginning to emerge …
Consumption, innovation, gaming, escape ... people's craving for them is unrelenting. All this while an apocalyptic vision of today's world and a crisis of trust in our elites continue to advance! Learn More >>
One out of ten fantasize about joining the holy war in the Middle East! (And the War Requiem by Benjamin Britten)
At least that's what 12% of Canadians are telling us! The idea of probing such a topic came to us because of all the media attention given to radicalization lately. Learn More >>
Celebrating Easter in Quebec!
With Easter just a few weeks away, CROP wanted to know exactly why, how and by whom this ancestral tradition was celebrated in Quebec today, and we learned that the motivation to celebrate this holy day is not always what we might think. Learn More >>
La Presse is Publishing My Blog!
A few weeks ago, I launched a weekly blog on societal and market trends, which I associate with pieces of opera or classical music. Many of you have been following my blog, and I thank you for that. Learn More >>
Read our blog
- Public funding: no to sports, yes to transport
- 65% of Canadians tell us they believe in God, while 49% consider their religious beliefs to be important to them
- The 2017 Panorama of Canadian consumers and citizens is beginning to emerge …
- Celebrating Easter in Quebec!
- One out of ten fantasize about joining the holy war in the Middle East!
- La Presse is Publishing My Blog!
- 34% of Canadians are less concerned that the news they read or watch is true or false than whether it strikes an emotional cord!
- Opinion of the residents of Brossard, Saint-Bruno and Saint-Lambert regarding the agglomeration of Longueuil
- Canadians, Populism and Xenophobia
- 26% of Canadians believe that men are superior to woman!
- RRSP or no RRSP, that is the question!
- 45% of Canadians consider consumption one of life’s greatest pleasures!
- 82% of Canadians would like a more intense connection with nature
- One Canadian out of four is climate skeptic
- 40% of Canadians believe that life on Earth was created in six days
- CROP’s Study Results—and the Music that Echoes Them!
- The political climate in Quebec, January 2017
- Corporations & social responsibility - It all begins at home!
- Social Networks: Users’ Hot Buttons
- Collaborative consumption: Motivation of potential users
- Lemmy Kilmister: Unbridled, nihilistic hedonism!
- Innovations: To each their own reasons to adopt
- Canada as a “distinct” society and market
- Tapping into the U.S. market from up north